The proper use of animals in research is an essential contribution to the improvement of pharmaceutical research and animal lives.
To perform pharmaceutical research, train the new generation regarding animal studies and to facilitate animals for use in research by strictly following the guidelines of Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), Government of India.
1. Well designed and established animal house approved by CPCSEA for the purpose of education and research (Reg. No. -1372/PO/ReBi/S/10/CPCSEA).
2. We have an Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) for the approval of research and project proposals which involves the use of the animal.
3. All activities of the Animal House Facility are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs).
4. The Animal House Facility maintains the records of activities as well as maintenance and experimentation records of the animals as per the statutory requirement of CPCSEA.
5. The animal house supports various research programs in the research areas of Clinical Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Toxicology, etc.
The animal house has the following in-house guidelines:
1. All the animal facility users should undergo orientation and training in proper handling of animals before they start the experimentation.
2. The animal studies can begin only after the GIPS- IAEC approval of the research project.
3. The approved protocol should be strictly followed; any modification in the protocol should be cleared by the GIPS, IAEC.
4. The entry is restricted, only authorized people are allowed to enter the animal block with all the protective clothing like the apron, cap, face musk and designated sandals.
5. Experiments should be performed with due care and humanity with compliance of CPCSEA.
6. All the animal users should follow 3 ‘R’s (Replacement, Reduction, and Refinement) concept.
Ground floor: 134 sq. ft.
Second floor: 213 sq. ft.
Total-347 sq ft.
Animal Species: Rat, Mice, Guinea pig, Rabbit.