Make and Model: Thermo Fisher Scientific, FLS0228
• Detector Type: Thermal Conductivity Detector
• For Use With: Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, Petro-Chemistry and Energy, Material Characterization
• Elements Detected: CHNS/O
Applications: Elemental analysis determines the carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and sulfur content of samples. It is widely used in pharmaceuticals, material science, chemical science etc.
|High performance Liquid Chromatography|
Make and Model: Waters, 2489
• System delay volume: <650 µL.
• Flow range rate: 0.000 – 10.000 ml/min.
• Flow accuracy: +1% or 10 µL/min.
• Flow ramping: 0.01-30.00 min.
Applications: HPLC predominantly is used to separate the components of a mixture by passing solvents under high pressure through the column containing the sample. It is used for pharmaceutical quality control, determination of shelf life of pharmaceutical products, identification of drugs, biomonitoring of pollutants, analysis of biological samples and food products, etc.
|Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy|
Make and Model: Bruker, Alpha
• Standard Wave number Measurement range: 7800-350 cm-1.
• Display Wave number range: 15000-0 cm-1.
• Optical System: Single beam.
Applications: FTIR is used for quantitative and qualitative analysis of both organic and inorganic compounds as it identifies the functional groups present it them.
Make and Model: Stable Micro System
• Force Capacity: 50kg.f (500N)
• Force Resolution: 0.1g.
• Speed Range: 0.01 – 40mm/s.
• Data Acquisition Rate: 2000pps.
Applications: It can measure virtually any physical product characteristic such as hardness, fracturability, adhesiveness, gel strength, extensibility of foods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, gels, adhesives and other consumer products.
Make and Model: IIC, INSTIND Lyophiliser
• Deep Freezer Temperature: up to -30 °C
Applications: A lyophilizer executes a water removal process typically used to preserve perishable materials, to extend shelf life or make the material more convenient for transport. Lyophilizers work by freezing the material, then reducing the pressure and adding heat to allow the frozen water in the material to sublimate.
Make and Model: Brookfield, LVDV-E
• Torque measurement accuracy: 1% of full-scale range.
• Repeatability: 0.2% of full-scale range.
• 18 speeds for greater range capability (0.3 to 100 rpm).
Applications: Viscometer is used to measure the viscosity of a fluid at given shear rates.
Make and Model: Malvern, Nano-590
• Particle size range: 0.3nm to 10µm.
• Temperature range: 0°C to 90°C.
• Technology: Dynamic Light Scattering, Electrophoretic Light Scattering, Static Light Scattering.
• Dispersion type: Wet
• Sample cell type: Cuvette
• Molecular measurement type: Batch measurement
Applications: Zetasizer is used for analysis of particle size and zeta potential to improve the appearance and taste of foods, drinks, and flavorings, and optimize dispersion and emulsion stability to extend product shelf life and improve product performance.
|UV-Vis Double Beam Spectrophotometer|
Make and Model: Shimadzu, 1800
• Powerful 1nm resolution in a compact double beam instrument.
• Functionality range: 190-1100 nm.
• PC interface and flash drive data transfer via USB connectivity.
• Built in validation software.
• Stray light: <0.02%T at 340 nm, 400 nm; <1.0%T at 198 nm.
• Band width: 1 nm.
• Minimum wavelength: 190 nm.
• Maximum wavelength: 1100 nm.
• Wavelength accuracy: ± 0.1 nm.
Applications: UV-Visible spectrophotometer is used for qualitative and quantitative studies of various chemical species, their molecular structure and reaction kinetics.
Make and Model: Agilant technologies, Stratagene, MX3005P
• Excitation Source: quartz-tungsten halogen lamp.
• Excitation range: 350-750 nm.
• Detection Range: 350-830 nm.
• Peltier based, 96 well blocked thermal cycling system; temperature range 25-99⁰C.
• Linear dynamic range: 10 orders of magnitude standard curve method.
• Temperature uniformity: ± 0.25 ⁰C at 72⁰C.
• Ramp rate: up to 2.5⁰C/s.
Applications: The real-time PCR is used in the diagnosis of a single gene and multigenic disease. It is used to quantify the mutated gene in the disease patient. The quantitative real-time PCR is even used in the determination of copy number variation in different tissues for different inherited disorders.
Make and Model: Thermoscientific, Dionex ultimate 3000.
• Supports up to 12 well plates.
• Injection cycle time as low as 20 seconds for fast applications.
• Open architecture for easy sample access.
• WPS-3000TXRS accommodates maximum of six normal or deep well plates.
Applications: UPLC is a special version of HPLC which has the advantage of technological strides made in particle chemistry performance, system optimization, detector design, data processing and control. It is used to identify, quantify, and separate components of a mixture by using high pressure to push solvents through the column.
Make and Model: /kin Elmer, Clarus 580
• Volume: 10,600 cm3.
• Temperature range: 10⁰C above ambient to 450 ⁰C or -99⁰C to 450 ⁰C with sub-ambient accessory.
• Temperature programmer: 3 ramp, 4 plateaus.
• Column overheat protect: User settable up to 450⁰C.
• Plateau time: 0-999 min.
Applications: Gas chromatography is used to separate components of test sample based upon the differences in their partitioning behavior between the mobile gas phase and a stationary phase in the column. It is used for analysis of drugs, food products, pollutants, etc.
Make and Model: Labman, ADP-45
• Dimensions: 730x450x370cm.
• Power supply: 220V / 50Hz.
• Monochromatic Light Source (Sodium Lamp): 589.44nm.
Applications: It is employed in quality control, process control and research in the pharmaceutical, chemical, essential oil, flavor and food industries. It is used to analyze chiral substances and determine their concentration in solutions.
| Microwave Synthesizer|
Make and Model: Biotage, Initiator plus
• Temperature range: 40-300 ᵒC
• Reaction time: up to 96 hours
• Pressure range: 0-30 bar
• Power range: 0-400 W
• Reaction volumes: 0.2-20ml
Applications: Microwave assisted organic synthesizer is used to synthesize different organic molecules in a short /iod of time. Also microwave synthesizer has a broad application in the field of formulation and development.
Make and Model: Shimadzu, RF-6000
• Light source: 150 W xenon lamp
• Scanning wavelength: 200-900 nm and zero order
• Resolution: 1.0 nm or less (emission)
• Sensitivity: SN ratio of Raman line of distilled water is 350 and more (P-P) 1000 and more (RMS)
Applications: Spectrofluorometer is used to measure the radiation emitted by an organic compound having fluorescent group when it is excited with a particular frequency. Used as a non-destructive method for analysing, drugs, biological molecules, detecting environmental pollutants, analysis of non-metallic elements and anion species, etc.
Make and Model: Combiflash RF 150 System Teledyne Instrument
Make and Model: Teledyne Instrument, Combiflash RF 150 System
• Maximum flow speed: 100 ml/min
• Pressure: 150 psi
• Detector: PDA 200-400 nm
• Two solvent gradients linear & isocratic
Applications: The most common applications of flash chromatography are in the pharmaceutical industry, where the technology is used for peptide and antibiotic purification, drug discovery, sample clean up, early-stage drug discovery, natural product analysis, and protein analysis.
|Digital Melting Point Apparatus|
Make and Model: Cole-Parmer, Stuart SMP30
• Minimum temperature: Ambient
• Maximum temperature: 400 ᵒC
• Temperature resolution: 0.1 ᵒC
• Heat up time: 50-350 ᵒC in 6 minutes
• Temperature sensor: 1000-ohm pt. RTD
Applications: Digital melting point apparatus is used to determine the melting point/range of a sample of any origin such as synthetic product, natural product, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients etc.
Make and Model: Merck, Microlab-300
• Wavelength: automatic by 12 positions filter wheel, 6 positions for optional filter
• Photometric range: -0.1 to 2.3 absorbance
• Measuring time: programmable, 2 to 998 seconds for kinetic and two-point type of tests
• Quartz halogen lamp: 12v-20W
• Detector: Photo diode (320-1000 nm)
• Blanking: Automatic zero setting
• Delay time; programmable, 0 – 999 seconds
• Multiple testing: Up to nine replicates.
Applications: A biochemistry analyzer, also known as a clinical chemistry analyzer, is used to measure metabolites present in biological samples such as blood or urine. The study of these liquids makes it possible to diagnose many diseases.
Make and Model: Labman
• Measurement range refractive index nD: 1.30-1.70
• Temperature range: 0-50º C
• Usage Temperature Range: Ambient to 35°C
• Power Supply: 220V / 50Hz
• Dimensions (mm) WxDxH: 370x240x470
Applications: The Abbe refractometer is also suitable for determination of the refractive index of solid samples, such as glass, plastics, and polymer films.
|Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC)|
Make and Model: /kin Elmer, 4000
• 21 CFR part 11 compatible.
• Maximum temperature: 450 ⁰C.
• Minimum Temperature: -100⁰C.
• Thermal Analysis technology.
• Integrated Mass flow controller for convenient gas control and switching
• Fast 45- position auto sampler option for reliable unattended operation
• Portable cooling device (PCD) for cost effective operation at low temperature
Applications: DSC is a thermodynamical tool used for the assessment of heat energy uptake. It measures the difference in energy outputs between a substance and a reference material as a function of temperature.